The landing page software industry is teeming with competition.
There are hundreds of page builders out there that can help you design, build, publish, and scale landing pages fast and easy.
At the top? Unbounce landing pages.
Who are they? What can they help you accomplish? And why should you pay attention?
That’s what we’re going to explore in this article, including…
- a brief overview of the Unbounce platform and its most notable features
- our official review
- 11 Unbounce landing page examples designed by us for inspiration
- 4 hard and fast rules for getting the most out of the platform
Let’s get started.
Get brand new landing page strategies straight to your inbox every week. 23,739 people already are!
What is the Unbounce landing page builder?
- founded in 2009
- 200+ employees globally
- powered over 1.5 billion conversions to date
- 120,000+ customers
- AI-powered suite of features
Using Unbounce, you can design, develop, publish, and A/B test landing pages using a drag-and-drop WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor. No coding required.
With Unbounce, you can add a level of scalability to your ad campaigns and landing pages without dramatically scaling resources—a complete win-win.
Unbounce’s claim to fame is supported by four major tenets:
- Artificial intelligence: Unbounce is betting big on AI, and they’ve recently unleashed an onslaught of AI-powered landing page optimization features to help marketers make more money.
- Integrations: Unbounce has more direct integrations with your favorite digital marketing tools than any other platform.
- Templates: Unbounce hosts its own (and free) template library (for landing pages, popups, and sticky bars), but you can also buy templates from third parties.
- Pricing: Unbounce has friendly pricing (pay as you go with simple and easy cancellations).
Let’s explore each in more detail.
At the time of publication, Unbounce is the first and only landing page builder to incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) into their platform.
With the help of machine learning, Unbounce wants to help a larger audience of conversion optimizers run better tests and launch higher-performing landing pages, without the expensive tech and learning curve.
Here’s how they do it:
- Smart Builder: Smart Builder’s Design Assistant makes landing page recommendations based on conversion data from 1.5 million landing pages.
- Smart Copy: Smart Copy generates AI-powered landing page copy for you, reducing time and inspiring your own copy.
- Smart Traffic: Smart Traffic creates a profile of your visitors, determines which profiles convert best on which pages, then automatically funnels certain people to certain variants based on their likelihood to convert. In other words, it knows what type of people convert on what pages and automatically sends them there (and not to pages they don’t convert on).
One of Unbounce’s strengths is their ability to directly integrate with a ton of apps and tools without any workarounds, web hooks, or Zapier integrations (though you can do those, too).
You can literally plug in almost any tool from your marketing stack so you can share data, track conversions, and optimize your ad campaigns with ease.
Common integrations include
- live chat
- marketing automation
- customer support
- call tracking
- usability tools
- CRO tools
Not only does Unbounce offer over 100 free landing page templates, but you can also buy third-party Unbounce landing pages through various online marketplaces (something you can’t do with other page builders).
Here are some of our favorite marketplaces for Unbounce templates:
Envato Elements: unlimited download with a monthly membership
ThemeForest: widest selection
Creative Market: narrowest selection
Unbounce charges based on the number of conversions, domains, and monthly visitors.
The more of all three, the higher price you pay.
Though their agency pricing skyrockets once you start adding clients (think: hundreds of thousands of visitors and conversions, plus hundreds of domains), on a per business basis, Unbounce makes conversion rate optimization affordable for the first time.
To sum it up, you pay as you grow, and you can cancel anytime.
Our official Unbounce review
We’ve tried every landing page builder over the course of many years, but Unbounce remains our favorite.
It’s far from perfect, but for most use cases, it gets the job done better than others.